What About Couples Who Dress Alike?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is your reaction to couples who dress alike?

I watched Superbowl with a group of about 30 people, about evenly divided between the sexes, and all acquainted with each other. It included married as well as dating couples, singles, and attached but unaccompanied individuals. Ages ranged from mid 20's to mid 60's.

One (very) married couple wore matching casual sweaters. Nothing outlandish or gaudy; their appearance would be acceptable in most offices, classrooms, churches, or restaurants in the country. One young lady enthusiastically complimented the look, and the response was "Well, my wife makes me do it so I know which girl I'm supposed to go home with.".

What are your thoughts when you see something like that in a social setting? Is it romantic? Childish? Indifferent? Proves he's hen-pecked? Shows she's his "property"? Merely cute? Stretching the "We're a couple." point too far? Affectionate? Insulting to singles?

As a married couple, have you (or would you) do something similar?

Dale

:headbash:

Attachments

• couple.jpeg
    couple.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 156
Tried it but couldn't get my wifes clothes on.....
We have twins and over the years have been involved with TAMBA as they were very prem... What I think is worse are Parents who give the twins similar names (if same sex) or names with the same initials and also dress them exactly the same.
As for couples who do it, sports events with the same supporters t-shirt or similar on yes, going out..........:headshot:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My wife and I groan when we see this in public. Or we point and smirk. The matching outfits are usually in the poorest of taste.
And yes, beside being goofy, it does stretch the "Were a couple" point too far.

This is my wife's and my take on it as well. In particular something about reindeer covered matching sweaters is not so endearing when you see a couple wearing them.

New Englanders are not generally known for their fashion sense, but some things take it too far.. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.