Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

@Jason B

Thanks for creating this forum - with excess enthusiasm, I registered myself and only came to the realisation later today that as a person who is just getting started with my audiophile journey I cannot add value as I am not one who is capable of building my own equipment.
I fear I won't be able to add value to this site in the way it is intended.

With the above in consideration, I think it would be better to delete my profile from your membership. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers
Gunat

From small acorns and all thst.

Grab a solderless stripboard, some patch wires and a speaker plus two 9v batteries.. then it’s a pursuit of knoeledge. Enjoy your journey.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Please do stick around. Audio enthusiasm is all that is needed. You should see some of the responses I have got on this forum, to balance that, there are many kind and supportive members who have made my journey worthwhile.

I even had the one and only Nelson Pass put in a word of encouragement !

I wish.... He actually was sort of nice when he flamed me when I asked about the schematics when the Rawson A5s I bought were not working. I mean, I almost had to wear my asbestos underwear that night.

( Turns it was a cold solder ).

Fixed I did... and then, on the nice side BTW, a number of posters, PM'd me with help.

A fun place, it is.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Take the Slauson exit and at the Fork In The Road...

So, I moved to Socal... one day I was driving up the Santa Ana Fwy.. and, DANG! The Slauson Exit!!

Then, there's the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he's lounging in Pismo Beach. I had no clue what "Pismo Beach" was.

Years later... driving up the 101 from Santa Maria up to San Luis Obispo.... ROTFLOL... Pismo Beach.

Yeah, I amazing the surprises we get....

A question: how can I get rid of those scrolling arrows at the bottom right in mobile view? My browser has the same function built in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015_174016_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231015_174016_Samsung Internet.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 68
Another quick click request? I see my avatar attached to the Thread Starter's avatar on Threads that I have history with...can it be made so that when I click on my tiny attached avatar it takes me to my comments within the Thread? Sometimes I'd forget what I said in the Thread especially after a while and it also gets buried in the Thread...Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
What country is the flag? Suggestion, name of country next to flag of username.
Mouse over the flag to see the country.

This version is a bit slower than the previous one.
Acknowledged. Lighthouse score is dire. Fixing that and getting us as close to 100 is high on my forum todo list.
Another quick click request? I see my avatar attached to the Thread Starter's avatar on Threads that I have history with...can it be made so that when I click on my tiny attached avatar it takes me to my comments within the Thread? Sometimes I'd forget what I said in the Thread especially after a while and it also gets buried in the Thread...Thanks!
Interesting idea. The current plan is to harmonize back to the main XenForo default product, once we're there we can look at adding new features, but I'm not particularly clear what you're asking for here.

This maybe a dumb question, but when I was reading a thread of interest in the old forum it would suggest a short list of other threads of similar / related topics at the bottom of the page. I liked that feature as it sometimes provided me with interesting reading material. I no longer see that list at the bottom of the page - is there a setting for it ?