Weird email confirmation request

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
There is a larger problem. What is "reported spam"?
I'm not sure what you mean by "reported spam", as in, can you define exactly what your question is.

The new system detects if our mail is bouncing. That's it. If we can't send email, it will ask you to fix it.

When I click Junk in Thunderbird, does that ripple through gMail IMAP to you??

I don't think so. Here's the best I could find:

https://superuser.com/questions/1127284/does-marking-junk-mail-in-thunderbird-train-external-filters

"Short answer: Marking messages as junk with Thunderbird's spam filter only affects local messages. There are no upstream benefits."

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Account Closed
Joined 2010
1.I have litterally thousands of messages from diyaudio...I can't know which are in the spam and which in the inbox cause the search function puts them all together.
2.The last email got in Inbox automatically same with other emails from 3 days ago although part of them were unsolicited.
3.I Unchecked all the email options i should receive from diyaudio from my Prefference menu now so there should be no email landing in my Inbox at all.
Actually I did this before too and it worked partially but somehow diyaudio still selectively sent me some emails.
4.I don't want emails from diyaudio! I check regularly my diyaudio account and the allerts there so I don't need diyaudio notifications on email.
Besides Gerard's emails and your emails came through to Inbox in the past even when the emails from Diyaudio were designated as spam before the move to xenforo.
I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
1.I have litterally thousands of messages from diyaudio...I can't know which are in the spam and which in the inbox cause the search function puts them all together.
Click on your "spam" folder, use your search, order by sender... I don't have a Yahoo account with mail in it (I just checked my old account and looks like they clear all your mail out if you haven't been active in 12 months.

I Unchecked all the email options i should receive from diyaudio from my Prefference menu now so there should be no email landing in my Inbox at all.
The account verification emails are being sent to you, and as mentioned they are being marked as spam.

I don't want emails from diyaudio!
Cool. Set up a free Gmail account for diyAudio and don't think about it again.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
I can see that on Feb 7, 9:15am, our mail host recorded a spam complaint from your host in response to us sending you an account confirmation required email, the reason they said for the complaint was "abuse".
Also you said the same thing last time we had a similar argument in post#24
I can assure you and also prove with printscreens that yahoo was instructed to get diyaudio as NOT SPAM because I had messages in Inbox too even though they were not solicited.The real problem seem to be that from your side some of the alerts got in the Spam folder automatically and I don't know special instructions to tell Yahoo which are benign and which are malign. I'm really an average Joe when it comes to IT.
The only thing I can do for uour site is to change the rmail adress to a new one on Gmail, maybe Gmail is more forgiving, but I cannot use my official gmail and i can't promiss I will remember the new account password or name .If your site will be foing the same thing again I won't be able to retrieve the access to the new email box

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Sorry about the hassle.

On one hand - we should be detecting members emails bouncing, and helping them to fix the issue. The change last week enabled this. Dozens of members have now manually removed themselves from the suppression list and are finally able to receive emails again.

On the other hand - some mail hosts may (such as in your case) stubbornly refuse to ever let us send emails, and keep bouncing them. The solution there is to do as you have done (create a new account elsewhere), or for us to be able to switch "off" this system that detects bounced emails, just for your forum user (we don't currently have this ability, but may in the future), or perhaps even for a whole mail host.

This new "detect bouncing emails" system is designed to help, not hinder.

If it's not helping, it's failing.

I'm all ears regards feedback. These teething issues with new and improved systems can take a while to sort out, but once bedded in should provide us with a great base for the next 20 years.

Last edited:
Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Verification emails are only sent out when you register for an account at diyAudio or if your mail is bouncing and you update your email address as a result of being prompted to do so by the website.

No emails are sent out as "polls" to check if your email account is alive.

The only trigger is repeated bounced emails.

If your email bounces multiple times, this will trigger the "update your details" process, and you will be prompted to update your email address.

During this process, you will (now) be suggested advice to remove yourself from the suppression list, add contact@mail.diyaudio.com to your address book, remove existing emails from spam, mark emails as "not spam", and sending an email to contact@mail.diyaudio.com to hint to your host that you want to interact with this address. All those things should help train your host to understand you want our email, and that it should not bounce our emails.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user