Weird behavior today (invalid SSL certificate issue)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Stop neighbors dog bark

This message was sent to me from this forum, and yes, I was involved in the discussion. So, I clicked on the 'read thread' and get sent to a 'you do not have permission to access this' message. Really? And you are the one who sent it to me?
This same thing has happened with other forum threads. I get sent some from DIY Audio but can't reply, being sent an 'oops!' message in reply from the site.
That was a spammer.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
It's baaaaack!! I think the message comes from the Forum. The "window dressing" is decidedly non-Mac, so I don't think it's Safari that pops up the window. Refreshing makes the error message go away.
View attachment 1175030

Tom
That doesn't look like the reported SSL error, I believe this happens due to CSRF tokens getting mixed up or becoming invalid. Old expired tabs, perhaps?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
this is what it looks like from my side. Only started happening this week.
Do you guys use some server side caching service?
Yes, cloudflare.

Odd screencap - expiry of that cert is 200 years is in the future. Probably what we would need to see is the contents of the details tab. As that tab you show provides no real information other than saying the cert you have is invalid, but it is not a cert we know about.

that is the report i get from google chrome. Its flagging your site as not secure, so i would look at the caching service first. Assuming that the SSL really isn't expired.

Before it would lock the website, but now it's seeming allows some traffic through. But the big (not secure) sign can be alarming.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
Stop neighbors dog bark

This message was sent to me from this forum, and yes, I was involved in the discussion. So, I clicked on the 'read thread' and get sent to a 'you do not have permission to access this' message. I get sent some from DIY Audio but can't reply, being sent an 'oops!' message in reply from the site.
Indeed, it also happened to me while posting a comment on that thread.
I hit the "send" button and that weird message popped up, and the thread dissapeared.
I thought a moderator pulled it.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
We just "purged currently active Cloudflare Universal SSL certificates from edges" (which caused the site to be down for 5 minutes for all diyAudio members everywhere). This has been suggested as a potential resolution to the issue. Let me know if you are still experiencing the issue from this moment forward. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Related and not:
I had severe problems in logging in to Aliexpress (impossible; 5 attempts in a row not succesfull; Safari/firefox) ; & once in, as soon as I did something like bookmark, the sign-in or log-in token was invalidated. This was also for the last 4 days (not today).
—> I had no problem in /with diyaudio.

perhaps a bigger problem. Or bigger strive.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Couldn't reach the forum yesterday.
I was aware of the problem for 3 hours late evening.
I don't know how long it lasted.
George

Attachments

• diyaudio site down.jpg
    diyaudio site down.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 33