weight & treble amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some one posted a circuit diagram showing how to build a weight & treble Pre-amp. I am looking to build one myself and wanted a correct diagram, and list of parts with correct values, and also help in finding the parts i will need, I was wondering if anybody can help i live in the uk thanks!

weight & treble pre amp

I have an original Weight and Treble pre-amp designed for reggea/soul/dub reggea and drum & bass, the company who made and designed this amp as stopped making them some time ago 20years, thsi was desined for the disco and sound system circuit, I have look at it and it semms relativley easy as the components are big and the very simply in its layout. I have thought off making one for my car as i am currently running two amps but lack the individal bass/mids and treble with master volume control which allows you to control the ratio of bass/mids & treble to both amps or use the kill switch by killing the mids and just having the bass and treble going, i have some pictures but can take more detial close ups x10 . can anybody help me with this project and share this technology thanks.

Attachments

• picture 011.jpg
    picture 011.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 420
about wieght & treble car amp

I believe a Parametric amp is the same as the weight & treble and one of these could be upgraded by using different Caps and resistors for the frequency bands. The Para EQ's in my opinion can be brought then upgraded to give the enhance sound effect, gain amp moduls and others are availble as ready made blocks that can easily be modified to fit the project.

Attachments

• 3b12_1.jpg
    3b12_1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 215
tuac weight and treble

GREETINGS dub organiza
i would very much like to see any schematics you have. when you say your amp dont sound sweet. i am surprised these amps were very well constucted. i will check it out for you no problem. may be simple depending what the problem is.
i am designing a amp based around the weight and treble it will be 3 way and have a 9 band para ma metric eq, bass and treble filters and return and send inputs. do you have any electronic experience?

PEACE !!!!!!:D

I designed and built an identical unit to the TUAC one for a "Sound System" friend , when I lived in the U.K. many years ago. I have always suspected that my design, which was an orginal, was copied by TUAC for their production purposes. as mine looked identical in panel layout as theirs. Anyway it worked very well. I think you would call it a live active preamp as all the controls were used continuosly to enhance the Reggae music sound effects coming from the record/ Vinyl. In the good old days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.