WBT connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking for good RCA connectors and speaker terminal for my new amp. And I saw that WBT seem to make high qulity connectors, but they are quite expensive. So I'm wondering if they are worth the money, or should I spend my money on something else? The speaker terminal I'm thinking of is WBT 0730.
What is your opinion?

I have bought some cheap goldplated RCA connectors before, but the goldplating must have been incredibly thin cause after changing source a copule of times the goldwas removed :-(

/Freddie

[Edited by Freddie on 09-08-2001 at 12:07 PM]

I use the RCA connectors from WBT and like them alot! Yep, they are expensive, but they are of solid quality. I din't buy them because of some sonic benefit (I don't believe there is any) but because they are easier to build in the chassis being 10mm dia. and not 12mm dia. like the ones I already bought but couldn't use because my drill only handles 10mm maximum. They are of a heavy quality rarely seen these days. But I do not like their price...

For speaker connectors I uses cheap ones from my local store 2,20 Euro. I couldn't afford the WBT

good luck!
Thijs

I bought some binding posts from a place in Hong Kong here

got the the SPC-03G model.

I'm very impressed and happy with the quality, they are heavy and well built, though I doubt they are quite up to the jewelery standard of the WBT's.
Service from vt4c.com was first rate (confirming a recommendation I read in these forums). Mine were shipped to france and arrived fast, no tax to pay :D . Postage though from HKG can be pricey, so may only be worthwhile if you get a few items from the same place (i also got some silver wire, teflon tube RCA sockets and other hard-to-find bits at the same time).

Whether they sound much better than something cheaper I doubt, but they are nice to look at and use....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.