Ways of reducing Floor Cancellation Notch with a subjective improvement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My favorite waste of time, measuring outside... but if you can keep the measurement window at about 8ms (side walls and ceiling essentially at more than 2,5m away at listening distance of 3m) the floor bounce is incorporated in your measurement. With all restrictions of the low resolution in frequency/time/amplitude the windowing brings along of course.

I found it quite easy to measure outside, but that may be because I can carry the speakers in the garden, they are anyway used for parties and outside listening,
I live remote in a little village, no road near my house on a hillslope. A small reflection after 17ms from some trees, since the garden level is above the house and the sound hits only the roof.
Of course you have to wait for becalmed wheather and few ramblers, but even at 90dB stepped sine nobody complains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.