Way to transcode Dolby TRU & DTS-MA to DVD Audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I have a Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver which to me has best amp channels and DACs of any Yamaha HT receiver ever produced(I sold over 200 on ebay so I got to listen to a lot of different models). The Z9 will decode DVD Audio and SACD over firewire but has no HDMi and is to old to decode DTSMA & Dolby TRUHD. I'm thinking since DVD Audio used PCM and is 24 bit surely there would be a way to transcode this. Anyone familiar with transcoding and what would be needed for this if even possible?

Hello Dangus,
Thanks for reply. I downloaded it and it seems like it only transcodes DTSMA & DolbyTRU down to their 16 bit versions. My Blu Ray players already do that through coax & optical. I was wanting something to transcode DTSMA & DOLBYTRU to DVD Audio since it's a 24 bit format that my receiver natively decodes through firewire input. It also decodes SACD but I seriously doubt there would be a transcoder from Hi Def formats to that. Thought there might be to DVD audio since I heard it's PCM based.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.