• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguide to suit Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300

I am sure it will work out reasonably. The price here is $119 each, but some of the tax will come off for 'export' and if sent at the same time as the waveguides, that will help keep 'air shipping' cost down too.

I think it will also help others who will buy WG in order to avoid double shipment for WG & TW.

that price is reasonable for me, cause i paid around $400 for the wood last year. can't wait to start building it next month, already hold it for a year

I have a center I built that I bastardized from a Troels build, that sounds amazing, but I just can't help but think that as good as it sounds to me, the Hamlets will be better with a proper design by someone that knows what he's doing and someone who can measure the speaker. As in, not me.

)

I have done the same and build an excel 641 for the time being and used the recommended Daytons 452 air as surrounds

UPDATE ON NEW BATCH OF WAVEGUIDES:

I have just gotten off the phone to Alex, my industrial designer friend, and he is getting back to me asap about getting them made by the same company that did it before and hopefully won't hit us with too much of a price increase. Will keep you posted.

Good news.

The three Elsinore pairs that my friends and I built are already playing music. Two more are under construction. And two more are planned.
Waveguides will be needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_105601.jpg
    IMG_20210215_105601.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_20210202_182719.jpg
    IMG_20210202_182719.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_20200709_213812.jpg
    IMG_20200709_213812.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
any suggestions would be welcome.

Joe

Hi Joe,
One suggestion could be that I talk to my local very well equipped wood workshop about this. They have all the computerised milling cutters needed to do this WG. They use a very hard furniture mdf that also can come in a blackish colour. It would also be possible to change the look so for example the outer diameter of the midbass or square to be more easily fit into the box. With the design in the computer 5, 10 etc more pairs can be easily done.

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Hi Joe,
One suggestion could be that I talk to my local very well equipped wood workshop about this. They have all the computerised milling cutters needed to do this WG. They use a very hard furniture mdf...

Yes indeed, and there was somebody a while back that did something similar.

But who would take responsibility to make and distribute waveguides in a reliable way? Joel Wesseling did for a while with his aluminium made and when he quit after some time, then I found that I had to come in with the Acetal/Delrin version.

I hope to hear sometime during the week coming...

Yes indeed, and there was somebody a while back that did something similar.

But who would take responsibility to make and distribute waveguides in a reliable way?

I guess there are DHL and similar today. I really don´t know the wieght for a pair of wooden ones. But it can´t be too much, and probably not cheap but not expensive either to ship.

My wood workshop would not be interested at all to take orders and distribute as he has way too much work. But he can probalby produce them for me as I have used them for many different project over the years.

Just a thought.

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2021

STOCK CURRENTLY EXTINGUISHED - GROUP-BUY TO HELP NEW BATCH TO BE MADE.

To Suit Tweeter - Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300

AUD $190 per Pair including Air Postage anywhere.

NOTE: Pre-orders will stay at that price.

Please click this link to Pre-Order: PayPal.Me

To suit Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300 - possibly could adapt to another similar size 1" Tweeters, but is a very precise fit to the specified tweeter.

This Tweeter would be a great choice even if Scan-Speak sold it at 3-4 times the price!

100 Pairs to be made and will be made, so please help out if you can. Secure a pair at the old price.

Somebody sent me an email from USA (844663) and asked if waveguides (pairs) are available.

The answer is yes, but the gmail address bounces a=back as unauthenticated, so I am unable to reply to it.

The quickest way to buy a pair of waveguides, includes black screws mounting kit and tracked airmail, click on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BjoernRasmussen/190

Ready to send.

Cheers, Joe Rasmussen

Custom Analogue Audio

www.customanalogue.com