• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Warm up noise from Tubelab SE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there such thing as warm up noise from TSE? My 3 year old TSE started to do that about a month ago. For the first minute upon power on, I hear "tick" and slight "buzz" (more like pulse) and then it gets quiet. It didn't do that before. Is something in the power supply going bad?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Is there such thing as warm up noise from TSE? My 3 year old TSE started to do that about a month ago. For the first minute upon power on, I hear "tick" and slight "buzz" (more like pulse) and then it gets quiet. It didn't do that before. Is something in the power supply going bad?

Recent change to more efficient speakers? Other changes in system configuration or location? This isn't necessarily a sign of anything going wrong, you might just not have noticed previously. (Or your space has gotten quieter and previously unobserved noises are now audible.)

My amps make tiny little noises sometimes as they warm up until everything reaches equilibrium about a minute or so after I turn on the power.. In fact as my system gets quieter I notice new sources of noise that then need to get fixed..

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I only have 1 spare driver tube which I'll try later. The noise comes from both channel equally which suggests to me that it's caused by something both channels share. :confused:

That's a good clue actually and could mean one of several things.. Since the driver tubes are separate (TSE) it is a good bet it is something common to both channels - which actually does point to power supplies and other shared components.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.