• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Want to Buy Philips TDA1541A R1 or S1 Holland made DAC chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
S1 is close to unobtainium or frightfully expensive and you cannot be sure it is genuine.

R1 is relaxed spec, even if the data sheet are a little contradictory on this. I can probably pull one from a used and working Philips CD 471 if you really want one. The CD472 and 473 used the regular version, supporting the view that R1 was the downmarket version.

Some Sony players such as CDP 227 ESD used a pair of R1, which is a little strange considering that these were somewhat upmarket players.

I can spare you my A's Sumon but unfortunately at where I am now it's a bloody pain to ship anything & not to mention expensive as well.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1DFE74CB-7C5E-407F-819A-87A4B5E7A34B.jpg
    1DFE74CB-7C5E-407F-819A-87A4B5E7A34B.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 269
I have tested quite many of these and R1 always seemed to me inferior. I have few normal TDA1541A that are much superior to either other 1541A or R1. Have never done tests with S1 nor S2 chips though.

Sumotan do you have some of these S1 chips for sale? If so how much for a piece and how much shipping to europe could be?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
There's 2 of my TDA1541A floating around the world postal system somewhere sent to another DIYA in Sweden from Canada (carried there from Laos by a friend to post from there because I thought service from Canada would be a safer bet than from Laos?)

They never arrived.

Your best bet is to note which models of CD player used them and go hunt one down to pull the chip.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.