• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Want to buy: DIY tube amp-under $300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Want to buy: DIY tube amp-under $400 shipped

Looking for a decent DIY tube power amp that is working. Single ended or PP. Budget is under $400 shipped. If you have one that sounds like what I'm after, please PM me with details. Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Bogen AC-220 integrated amp that I don't think I'll ever use. It has a bunch of 6BM8s and some 12AX7s. It is undoubtedly in your price range, even with shipping!

Not interested in this one but thanks for the offer. I'm more after diy stuff adapted on a custom chassis of some sort. Trying to stay away from dinky output transformers that lack bottom end frequency response. I like ugly looking or unfinished projects that work and sound OK if that makes sense. LOL. That keeps me in my price bracket anyway I hope.

Last edited:
I have one of these beauties:
H5d9ee0959be8462aaf54e54c1559a94cz.jpg

It has the iron appropriate to be converted to 6B4Gs (3x6.3V windings and 3K output iron meant to run about 60mA of current).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.