Want to build small subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the amp blows up, then it's probably a mistake, otherwise it's probably a better choice. Chances are, it will be ok. That sub will have an easy task keeping up with the speakers you have, and with that in mind, you should not have problems. I just mention the impedance issue as one to be aware of that MIGHT cause you problems. It's a problem the XLS has and I'm not aware of other 4 ohm drivers with this problem, although I'm sure they exist as well.

I had a look and the XXLS drivers are better behaved in their impedance. You should not have a problem. I had wondered if there was any real improvement over the XLS series, but I would say apart from the flexibility of a higher Qts version, there is the nice advantage of having a 4 ohm driver which has an impedance that drops not much below that of the XLS 8 ohm driver.

Attachments

• diy sub.jpg
    diy sub.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 298
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.