want to become nelson pass, john curl?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Yes, Stinius, you did, but I already OWNED the paperback copy. I thought that you were sending me another book that I wanted from Barrie Gilbert. I was too polite to tell you so, at the time, and just thanked you for sending it to me. Did I do wrong?

No that’s ok John no problem.

Anyway, to decide how good the book is depends of what you are looking for, and I don’t think it’s meant as a reference.

Do you disagree with the rest of my post as well?:confused:

Cheers

Wavebourn, aren't you selling your copy for the same reason? You don't need it for reference.

You are absolutely right John.

I bought it in order to catch up with modern IC technologies, but found almost nothing new.

But that does not mean it is not a good book, it is a very good one! The author stresses that an optimization is the core of design, and teaches to keep in mind technology properties when designing schematics.

who's gonna be the next guru?

I found some interesting books, perhaps if nothing else, these will take you closer, they are dear, but look interesting....there is precious little written on this sort of thing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...=ss&index=books-uk&field-author=Dennis Fichte

selfs got a new book...!!

Audio Engineering Explained: Amazon.co.uk: Douglas Self: Books
ANy one of us can wnd might already be the next guru. Do you have to own an amplifier company to be a guru? A little intelligence, and a lot of testing and imagination can makes us all gurus!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.