W8-2145 lying around - building something fun with them? desktop use?

I have a pair of W8 2145 lying around and wonder what to do with them.

Open baffle is out of the question and I already have a pair of BIBs doing their job wonderfully as "allround speakers" with W8 1772's in them.
Thanks to @Scottmoose I also already have a pair of desktop TL speakers. So all my audio-needs are taken care of.

Just for the fun of it, I thought about maybe building "very small" desktop bass-reflex speakers so I could have the 8" speakers blasting into my face more or less directly.
What else could bedone? :D

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Posted response in the above cabinet needs baffle step comp circuit for sure or it will sound bright and fatiguing. Use a 1mH and 6.8ohm in parallel to start and adjust R to taste.
IMG_3201.jpeg

Tangbands suggested Eighty-one liters of enclosure can be tweaked a little to extend the bottom end a bit. I got a -3.01 Db @ 31.25 hertz for a 125 liter size...tuned to 34.8 hertz...100 mm by 200 mm Port, 279 mm long.

Yes, that rising response really should be addressed, of course a 31 band EQ could null this out & fine tune evrything, but I figure a more permanent integral approach should be tried.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...