W3-1335S and 1364S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I heard the W3-1231SH along with about eight other 3" TB's. Each was in a small sealed enclosure with no crossover components. The W3-1231SH was noticably better than all the other TB drivers present. It was the only one of the new titanium TB's. The bad news is that the sound quality degraded significantly at higher volume (even moderate volume really). I doubt the spec'd 1.25mm xmax. At $55 each I had no desire to buy a pair. I also listened to a HiVi M3N in the same setup. It performed very well at higher volumes, and just below the TB at low volumes. Since the HiVi is about 1/3 the price I think it is a much better value. I have not heard the B3N either, which is probably better than the M3N running full-range and is less expensive to boot.

jdybnis said:
I heard the W3-1231SH along with about eight other 3" TB's. Each was in a small sealed enclosure with no crossover components. The W3-1231SH was noticably better than all the other TB drivers present. It was the only one of the new titanium TB's. The bad news is that the sound quality degraded significantly at higher volume (even moderate volume really). I doubt the spec'd 1.25mm xmax. At $55 each I had no desire to buy a pair. I also listened to a HiVi M3N in the same setup. It performed very well at higher volumes, and just below the TB at low volumes. Since the HiVi is about 1/3 the price I think it is a much better value. I have not heard the B3N either, which is probably better than the M3N running full-range and is less expensive to boot.

What were the other 8 drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.