Vriendelijke groeten uit Eindhoven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Mij name is Peter and I live in Helmond near Eindhoven, the Netherlands. At home I'm running Sphinx amplifiers on home made loudspeakers. I really like the Sphinx Project 14 power-amp, you can really feel the current going through the MOSFET's ;)
After some time I'm picking up on the hobby again, and just found this forum! Which seems a great treasure of audio/technical know-how. Looking forward to build on some idea's in the coming period.

Greetings!
Peter

Thanks guys for the welcome!

I was a bit suprised when I found out that I could not change my own topic, after seeing the typo in "Vriendelijke..." But hey, at least it was understood, even in Vaals ;)

At the moment I'm having rather simple speakers. These are floorstanding d'appolito config. It's a closed cabinet of only 7.5 litres. That's because their triangle shaped, standing on the summit. yeah, I know impossible to understand... I'll make a picture of them this weekend. (You know... pictures... 1000 words... those kinds of things :) )

At least they sound very nice, very good positioning and neutral over the spectrum. Because of the small size I do run them with a sub... but I really need something new.
Thinking about a decent TL, but still looking for a good design. So if you have any good proposals...

Vriendelijke groeten,
Peter

Originally posted by Peter69
I was a bit suprised when I found out that I could not change my own topic, after seeing the typo in "Vriendelijke..." But hey, at least it was understood, even in Vaals ;)

Is that slang for Afrikaans? (Sorry if that went over my head! :xeye: )

Originally posted by Peter69
Thinking about a decent TL, but still looking for a good design. So if you have any good proposals...

The revised Thor seems a nice TL (search Short Thor, Fat Thor, etc.)

Vaals.... Cape town... what's the difference :) ;)

Here a picture from my low-volume beauty. It's 80cm high, 16cm wide and 20cm deep (what's that in kilofeet? :) )

Peter

Attachments

• dsc03257small.jpg
    dsc03257small.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 147
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
john blackburn said:
Peter69 and Janneman

I worked for two days at NedCar Helmond and lived in Valkenburg and Stevensweert for a while working at NedCar in Born.......
Carnaval in Maastricht I will remember for ever and ever and ever! and Drielanden Punt, its very nice.

Helmond, ahhh! My first ex was from Helmond. Funny lot, those Helmonders. If they wouldn't like you they would stick a knife in your back, and then the police would arrest you for unlawfull possession of a weapon... ;)

Sorry for the OT...

Jan Didden

There was one man called Wim in Nedcar who used to shout about getting rid of the Brits.

He never thought that we were there because we could be easily finished when there was little work, so he wouldn't be. He was finished in the end because he attacked his line boss after he was told he must work over Carnaval.

Other than Wim I have nothing but happy memories of Limburg and everyone in it. I had a lump in my throat when I had to leave.

Tot ziens
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.