VPI Power Line Conditioner (PLC) Schematic? Needs new EI transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using a VPI PLC to control the speed of my turntable, but its EI transformer has developed a hum. I was wondering if anyone has a schematic of the PLC, so I can find what type of replacement transformer I will need to replace the hummer.

Or is there a way to inspect the EI transformer to determine what replacement I will need?

Or is replacing the transformer more work than it is worth? Maybe I could just instead try to do something to absorb the sound of the hum, so it is not nearly as audible?

Look forward to your thoughts on this.

I just had my transformer go wacky. It will sometimes turn the motor and other times just makes the spindle on the outboard (TNT 3.5) motor just Buzzes and doesn't move. I'm assuming one of the transformers is faulty. Let me know if you've heard of this. In meantime, I'll look for a schematic. I heard these were shotty units, but there's no reason they should be. And paying 1200 for a "digital" one for an analogue 15K stereo seems ironic and very overpriced!
Mark

I just had my transformer go wacky. It will sometimes turn the motor and other times just makes the spindle on the outboard (TNT 3.5) motor just Buzzes and doesn't move. I'm assuming one of the transformers is faulty. Let me know if you've heard of this. In meantime, I'll look for a schematic. I heard these were shotty units, but there's no reason they should be. And paying 1200 for a "digital" one for an analogue 15K stereo seems ironic and very overpriced!
Mark

$1200 for the SDS is overpriced. Take a look at this instead:Falcon PSU. $379 retail.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
My table came with a PLC which I quickly sold. It hummed and I could not detect any sonic improvement. I have no regrets.

The SDS is supposedly much better but so expensive... The new Falcon unit looks just as good and is possibly better value. I have not tried it (yet).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.