Vishay-Dale power resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had no luck in finding the 250 (or 50) watt power resistors for the Son of Zen! Does anyone know where they can be bought? Preferably on on-line site.
Also does anyone have any advice about using an unbalanced input in this amp? Is it a very bad idea? And how could you convert unbalanced to balanced???
Finally, would building a heatsink out of aluminum bar stock and sheets be satisfactory? I am thinking of simply bolting together a lot of aluminum to make a large heatsink/chassis. Would it work thermodynamically speaking?

unbalanced input

To make the input unbalanced you just ground the - minus input. Just like that. It´s not bad to use you just don´t have such a good noise figure.
To get an unbalanced output from a preamp you can use the balanced line stage from the Pass projects. It couples good with the balanced amp. I use that preamp with unbalanced inputs and balanced outputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.