Visaton B200 driver questions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
So I got a pair of Visaton B200 for a gift from a friend. I have been looking on the Internet at projects and I notice that there are a few Differences between mine and the ones I see on the Internet?

1. The hook up post are next to each other on my speakers ( but on the ones I see on the Internet have one hook up post per opposite side's of the speaker?

2. Under the name Visaton it gives the web address on other drivers but on mine no web address?

3. It has a little sticker towards the bottom that says made in Taiwan but the ones on the Internet nothing? Where it's made ?

4. There are a few symbols on the ones on the Internet but on mine nothing?

I am just asking because I notice this? Could they be knock offs? I just don't want my friend wasting his money over false advertised products? Maybe someone has a fresh new pair so I can compare them to the ones I got? Jeff

I will post a side by side picture if I can figure it out? Jeff

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
Heres a few photos I took off the internet. Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0230[1].jpg
    IMG_0230[1].jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0229[1].jpg
    IMG_0229[1].jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 434
Look genuine to me :)

I used mine in the Visaton Solo100 design and loved them. Costs a fair bit in inductors though but effectively turns them into a large floorstander that seemed to sound great with everything. Bass response was surprisingly good, easily down to 40hz and went rather loud without issue. Really wish I had kept them.

The equalisation network the Solo 100 design uses meant pretty good on axis treble(no tweeter needed) BUT they beam pretty hard so you end up with a fairly small sweet spot. There was no shout at all and no real bass boom(you can tweak the internal resonator with damping material)

Very good driver, probably best used in my opinion with a decent high efficiency large bass driver(PA driver) and a good efficient waveguide type tweeter driven actively.

Disabled Account
Joined 2015
Look genuine to me :)

I used mine in the Visaton Solo100 design and loved them. Costs a fair bit in inductors though but effectively turns them into a large floorstander that seemed to sound great with everything. Bass response was surprisingly good, easily down to 40hz and went rather loud without issue. Really wish I had kept them.

The equalisation network the Solo 100 design uses meant pretty good on axis treble(no tweeter needed) BUT they beam pretty hard so you end up with a fairly small sweet spot. There was no shout at all and no real bass boom(you can tweak the internal resonator with damping material)

Very good driver, probably best used in my opinion with a decent high efficiency large bass driver(PA driver) and a good efficient waveguide type tweeter driven actively.

Thanks for the information about this driver. Every little information helps. Jeff

Loved my B200... they had phase plugs and enjoyed them for quite some time. Im sure their new owner is enjoying them too.

Dave speaks the truth. There are also some cool mods and tweaks that can be done that may or may not add a bit to the driver. I duct sealed the baskets and killed the ringing, as well as smoothed some rough edges on the back, as I was using them as dipoles.

Somewhere there is a passive line level filter schematic for the driver that really tames any percieved nastiness but found I had a bias towards the unfiltered sound. It would probably also be useful in lieu of more expensive passive crossover components used in some B200 designs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.