Vinyl record cleaning machine

I am looking for opinions on machines for cleaning vinyl records and especially on the two main methods used, namely, with cleaning liquid plus suction, or ultrasonic bath.
We share, with my oldest friend, a large collection of records, it is time for some of them to take a good shower.
25 years ago, I worked in a store that was a reseller of the Nitty Gritty brand. https://www.nittygrittyinc.com/
Extremely efficient machines, I see that the offer has multiplied over the years and above all, I no longer have the money to buy a machine of this brand.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Which ? 15 S-X, 7, 9 , 4 ?
According to this thread, a mix of 12-S-3 and 12-S-9.

I have a Moth record cleaning machine I was given as a Christmas present many years ago. It wasn't bad, super uncomplicated and very much a poor man's nitty-gritty but quite effective. A few years back I replaced it with a Degritter which was a big improvement (but expensive) and so expensive now that I couldn't afford it either :|

An alternative would be a DIY RCM using an ultrasonic bath. There's a thread somewhere on this site. Also there's one based on... LEGO.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Which ? 15 S-X, 7, 9 , 4 ?
It was their old recipe: 15 S 9 & 15 S 3.
They switched to a single solution over the years, but I can't find it anymore on their site.
Remember, you only need a tiny bit of these surfactants. IIRC 20mL of each for 5L water.

In those days, I called DOW chemicals to ask how to acquire those surfactants.
The friendly lady said that they could only supply me with one liter of each as a sample.
Next day I received two bottles, enough to clean records for the rest of my life and longer...

_MG_3390.JPG

Reactions: 1 user