Vintage Echolette speaker question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I have a mystery sitting on my living room floor. It's a 1960s Echolette 2x12 guitar cab that I purchased for pittance over the weekend. I don't know much about it, and I'm especially curious about the speakers, which I think are original. I think they are the Isophon P30 model. In case the writing is illegible, it appears to read "Spezial Modell" and "Munchen 23. Martiusstrabe 8". Anyone care to interpret?

My biggest question is about the resistance for each speaker. I don't know if the "8" on the label refers to the resistance or not, and I don't have a multimeter. The speakers are wired in series. If anyone can help me out with some info, I'd appreciate it!

QETbQaC.jpg

Hi,

sorry for disappointinng you but the Label only gives information about the Echolette company address. München 23 means the former postal quarter of munich, where the Martiusstraße ("street") no.8 is located.

Nice quarter, anyway... ;-)

The speaker impedance should be 15 Ohms each. Are you shure they´re wired in series?

Regards

Thomas

Thanks for your input, Thomas.

15 ohms is surprising. I am positive that the speakers are in series... there is the tell-tale line going from the negative terminal of one speaker to the positive terminal of the other speaker. I don't know whether this is original wiring or not. I really wish I had a multimeter.

Echolette speakers....

I think they have been made both 4/6 and 15 Ohms... Multimeters are cheap.... I have 2 of the same kind and 2 others, mine are used with M100 and M40 which I both have. These speakers of mine have been used as a "pa", and are connected to 6 Ohms connection in M40 and by measuring i get 3,9 Ohms.... Can you tel me Thomas if these are 6 Ohms or 4 ???
:confused:

I dont seem to be able to insert a photo....
[image]file://localhost/Users/juuso/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Kuva%20otettu%2004.10.2013%20klo%2020.28.jpg[/image]:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.