Vifa HT 270 VF/6 vs. Scan Speak D2606/922000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Does anyone know the difference between those two, other than the slightly higher resonance frequency of the Scan Speak? I think these tweeters are nearly identical in every other aspect. I just wonder which one to buy as a replacement for an older pair of Vifa tweeters.

Thanks!
Martin

Attachments

• Scan Speak.JPG
    Scan Speak.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Vifa.JPG
    Vifa.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 302
The Vifa Distributor in Germany, is having his own numbers on the drivers so D27TG-35-06 and HT 270VF/6 and also the Scan Speak 2606/922000 is exactly the same. The funny thing is that this distributer is also Scan Speak´s distributer in Germany. In reallity he could buy the vifa tweeter in both China and Denmark, because he is having his own label on the driver anyway.... It is some time ago now, that the danes were involved in Tymphany, it would be nice to know if the Tymphany China made drivers are still performing as well as they use to....

Tymphany Corporation

Tymphany Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies loudspeakers and audio systems. It offers audio transducers, woofers, midrange and midwoofers, subwoofers, tweeters, amplifier, and planar magnets. The company’s products are used in home entertainment electronics, automotive electronics, and professional electronics appliances. It sells its products directly to the producers of finished audio systems, as well as to individuals and businesses through distribution partners in Europe, the United States, and Asia. The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in San Rafael, California. It has manufacturing facilities in Xinxu, China; and Taastrup, Denmark.
undefined (undefined:undefined): Stock Quote & Company Profile - BusinessWeek

That text from Tymphany is not updated recently, because it is a couple of years ago, that all my former colleges, in the Danish, Taastrup department was fired, and the chinese factory took over all developement and production. maybe Tymphany like customers to believe that developement is still made in Denmark...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.