Vifa A10CC-07 for $5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

I am hoping to build a set of 5 speakers for a simple home theater project. I was looking into using small full range speakers (say B3S) or a slightly larger TM when I ran into this deal:

Model #A10CC-07 Coaxial Speaker, Vifa<font color="red">$5.00 Special Price

Vifa 2 ways Coaxial drive unit
3/4" silk cone Tweeter , 4" midrange-woofer
Seperated Neodynium Magnetic system
Best suitable for bookshelf, Center and surround speakers
Model No: Vifa A10CC-07, 8 Ohm, NEW, Made in Denmark

-2 ways coxial drive unit
-3/4" silk cone tweeter & 4" woofer
-Seperated Neodyninum Magnetic system
-Coxial drive unit, No acoustics phase distortion
-Best use for Bookshelf, Home Theater , Surround speaker
-USD105 for 1 pair

Specification:
-Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V/1m)
-Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
-Normal Power handling: 50W
-100mm diameter , Height: 60mm
-4 x M4 screws hole at 90d, hole to hole diameter: 110mm

Suggested cabinet/crossover design:
-4 Litre internal volume, Reflect port enclosure
-Port tube : 30mm diameter, 60mm length
-87dB (2.83V/1M)
-Frequency Response : 80-20KHz (+-1.5dB)
-Norminal Imepedance : 8 ohm
-Max Power Handling: 50W (RMS)

Mfg: Vifa
Mfg Part #: A10CC-07

There are no measured parameters and I have searched and didn't find anything very concrete. The recommended crossover floating around is not very documented from what I have found and doesn't appear to have BSC.

http://www.apexjr.com/images/VifaCoaxial.GIF

Any suggestions? I don't have the means of measuring speakers as accurately as say, John Krutke of Zaph Audio. I would be willing to buy the units off the person who tests them for my use. They are so cheap that I feel like they warrant a design for those of us with tiny hobby budgets :)

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I am hoping to build a set of 5 speakers for a simple home theater project. I was looking into using small full range speakers (say B3S) or a slightly larger TM when I ran into this deal:

Model #A10CC-07 Coaxial Speaker, Vifa<font color="red">$5.00 Special Price

There are no measured parameters and I have searched and didn't find anything very concrete. The recommended crossover floating around is not very documented from what I have found and doesn't appear to have BSC.

http://www.apexjr.com/images/VifaCoaxial.GIF

Any suggestions? I don't have the means of measuring speakers as accurately as say, John Krutke of Zaph Audio. I would be willing to buy the units off the person who tests them for my use. They are so cheap that I feel like they warrant a design for those of us with tiny hobby budgets :)

Thanks!

Hello ... I'm a little late here. I used these in a small boombox I built for my son. I SPL-traced the responses and came up with (sorry, no graphics):

Standard 12dB low-pass with 0.53 mH and 4.7 uF. A 15 ohm resister is in parallel with the woofer.

Standard 12dB high pass with 6.0 uF and 0.46 mH. A 4.5 ohm resistor is in series with the tweeter.

See this thread: Using PCD for first time - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

Have you made any measurements of these yet?

BarryV

Has anyone played around with letting the woofer run free and using a cap for a 6 db high pass? Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't, but what I am really interested in is where the woofer starts to roll off all by itself so I can play around with high passes. These will be put in PVC tubes and used in a simple DIY HT by someone who has never done anything at all, so I need the simplest solution to use 4 of these for a center channel, probably hooked up to a so called 100 watts per channel, so this aught to fill the bill.
Trying to help a novice long distance requires simple solutions. These are good drivers sold for around $15 ea at Apex Jr. I can't try closeouts that have no history and will be gone next week. Vifa makes nice drivers, but I can't get any info other than prescribed crossovers.
Besides, I like 6 db high passes and think that 6 db low passes are best if one is needed.

Thatch

I bought three from apexjr for $15 each.
only one works properly. caveat emptor.
FWIW, he has some original design info, and links to projects using them.

I just bought 3 from an eBay seller and all seem to work fine. What's wrong with the 3 you bought? I did notice under heavy excursion that the lead wires slap the back of the cone on 2 of my 3. but I plan to use them from 150-200hz on up so it shouldn't be an issue.

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.