• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VFET2 Amplifier Kit - all of the good parts!

SOLD!!

For Sale is one Sony VFet2 amplifier kit. You'll get ALL of the interesting/good/hard to find parts in closely matched pairs/quads. You just need to add the generic bits, a power supply, and a chassis to enjoy this beautiful and awesome amplifier.

This kit includes the following:

One pair of original DIYAudio VFet heatsink mounting brackets with predilled holes appropriately spaced for TO-3 cans
One pair of original DIYAudio VFet2 boards
Two complimentary pairs of original Sony Vfets: 2SJ28s measure 7.5v and 7.6v, 2SK82s measure 7.8v and 7.9v
One matched quad of original Toshiba jFets: 2SK170 measure 9.9mA and 9.8mA, 2SJ74 measure 9.9mA and 9.7mA
One matched quad of original Toshiba Fets: 2SK2013 measure 2.27v and 2SJ313 measure 2.27v
One pair ZTX450 transistors (unmatched)
One pair ZTX550 transistors (unmatched)
One pair of IRFP240 transistors (unmatched, but from same die)
One pair of IRFP9240 transistors, matched at 4.16v
Mica insulators for VFet TO-3 cans

Original Toshiba Front End Transistors:
2SK170/2SJ74 jFets were sourced from Spencer at FetAudio years ago. These are known/verfied original Toshiba jFets and a well-matched quad. 2SK2013/2SJ313 Fets were sourced from DIYA member NicMac long ago. They are known/verified original Toshiba parts and a well-matched quad.

Original Sony VFets sourced from Acronman at CircuitDIY years ago. These are known/verified original parts and a closely matched quad.

Here's a photo of everything that is included (oops, the ZTX450 transistors are not in the image, but still included):

VFet2 Kit.JPG

Price: $475 via PayPal "Friends & Family" delivered to your door in the continental US.

Last edited:
Yeah, pure luck I guess. Must be my birthday. It is St. Urho's day, and I am originally from Minnesota....so perhaps St. Urho is blessing me today.

I think I'll need to build some sort of waterfall chart in MS Project to figure out the order of operation (j/k). I suspect the Iron Pre SE will go quick as I've already built the Super Mega Deluxe version. The VFET, I'll be taking my time to be sure I do it right the first time.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, 'fess up, Birdbox - how'd you spot that in just 3 mins??? Made me laugh, though!

Well that's an interesting story actually and I thought perhaps worth sharing. I woke up from nap-time and immediately grabbed my phone to see if anyone else wanted in on the Transformer Chassis Seat kits I was giving away from a post earlier in the day. I didn't see any PM's, but the first post on "latest posts" was Eric's, and I swooped in to find a fantastically fun and rewarding project.

The reason I'm sharing this story is I choose to give away the transformer seat kits in an attempt to practice some small "pay it forward" of generosity that so many people on this site have given to me. From endless knowledge, to lottery giveaways of prized components, group buys, great designs share with others, fantastic deals on builds, and so much more. I felt like I was benefiting so much from others generosity, that I was inspired to attempt to do what I could in my little corner to repay even the smallest amount in some way. So, interestingly enough, I put forth an effort to practice a tiny bit of generosity today, and somehow it came right back to me in finding Eric's post.

Some call it Karma. Others say, "You get what you give". I'll just say it reinforces in me the value that practicing generosity provides, to both those receiving and those giving. It's rewarding in so many ways and not something that comes naturally to most of us. For me it's definitely a skill that must be intentionally practiced, honed, and continuously pursued to grow. Hopefully, as I gain more knowledge and skills, I can continue to return the generosity others have given me.

It's rather interesting that a do it yourself audio site is where I found this inspiring generosity from so many.

Reactions: 2 users