Very simple power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
10 ma max specified drive current, SOT or TSSOP package, heat sink on the bottom instead of a pad. Requires a LT1166 to make an audio amp, or two 2sk1057 and two 2sj1161 FET's for the 100 w version. Looks like it is useful only for big boys with a wave soldering machine. The existing TI/NatSemi LME49830 is a FET audio amp driver with a big heat tab an amateur can screw to a real metal heat sink.

Umm,

With magnifying goggles and thin solder you can do SOT easily.

With a fine soldering iron tip, thin solder, and liquid flux, TSSOP is doable.

With a bigger soldering iron tip you can solder the power pad to the board from the bottom.

...Wave soldering is for through hole pcb's, not SMT

Just thought I'd clear that up.

But I agree that you can't do point to point on TSSOP and with SOT it would look ridiculous.

:)

Umm,

With magnifying goggles and thin solder you can do SOT easily.

With a fine soldering iron tip, thin solder, and liquid flux, TSSOP is doable.

With a bigger soldering iron tip you can solder the power pad to the board from the bottom.

...Wave soldering is for through hole pcb's, not SMT

Just thought I'd clear that up.

But I agree that you can't do point to point on TSSOP and with SOT it would look ridiculous.

:)

Gadgets like these can simplify the problem.

SO14 to 14-pin DIP Adapter (p/n 050101) | MonsterMarketplace.com

Not the greatest choice for a composite amp control loop; the LTC6090 lacks the GBP to maintain consistent linearity across the audio band and the resulting lack of Avol shows in the THD+N plot. The

USE SEVERAL SERIES RESISTORS TO REDUCE DISTORTION (i.e. 5 × 2k).​

note on page 17 (first post in this thread has a typo) of the LTC6090 datasheet is kind of entertaining, though. At 35V RMS (the amplifier's maximum output) the 10k feedback resistor would dissipate 245mW. Enough I suppose some thermal spreading would be useful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.