vented/ported/sealed... design help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just read up on that EAW and was wondering if you were using their processor with it, seems it basically EQ's in the bottom end for more extension at a reduction in output. This is not a bad cab, and you could always just buy 1 or two more of these and call it good, although I'd still argue for 30 Hz bass horns. You could perform a measurement at low and high power to figure out what kind of Port compression issues you may be running into with the EAW (claims max output of 129 dB). Horns tend to have less low end compression because their vents if you can call them back are much larger and thus require lower velocities.

Last edited:
Bertha PA Systems, sound systems, speaker boxes, live Sound - Dancetech
EAW_BH882P.jpg

Hi MobileDJ,

I don't think that is the Big Bertha the OP was talking about. He was talking about some very big bandpass design (? like everyone else that has posted so far, I'm guessing. :) )

Again, by design this is not a very low frequency loudspeaker. I'm sure it's a great speaker for it's time, and for what it was designed for, but the sub 40Hz range cannot be its strong point.

The one in Post #26 will blow it away.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.