Vented box for Acoustic Elegance TD10X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I’m interested in using a TD10X for the low end in a 3-way, and I justed want to run the numbers past this forum and see if anyone has comments / suggestions.

So far I’ve come to this in Bassbox Pro:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

F3 of 42.5Hz with an active HP filter (I’m using a MiniDSP to control the input). I figured I can get the F3 even lower by tuning the equalizer a bit more.

The port I was thinking of using will be this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The port is slightly too long for the enclosure, so I’ll have to put a bend in it, which isn’t ideal, but also not the worst I guess.

The airvent speed will be this:

Which is slightly more troublesome, but in reality I will never put 250W in there, I will more likely stay below 100W. This gives a much more reasonable vent velocity.

How does this look? I am missing something here? Am I completely going in the wrong direction with a TD10X?
Thanks in advance for your comments!

Depending on the sort of music you like, a 43Hz cutoff might leave a bit to be desired.

If you've got DSP and power, it might be worth considering a sealed box instead. You'll lose overall SPL, but there's more bass extension available if you're willing to take the max.SPL hit.

Chris

Typo above in image link, and since I can't edit my post:
TD10X_5.jpg

It all depends on how loud you want to go. Ported boxes will go louder than sealed boxes, until you want to go below tuning, in which case sealed wins (a ported box will require a high-pass filter, making the rolloff very steep). Here, the tuning frequency is in the low-40s, which means you won't get much at all below, say, 35Hz. If you regularly listen to music with 30Hz content, you're going to miss out. Its up to you to decide if that's going to be a problem or not.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.