Vendetta Research SCP-2A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you worry too much about Idss. you are ok as you are. the 20 ohm pot is for 2'nd harmonic reduction. the input 200 ohm pot is for optimum cartridge loading. you adjust it by ear.

Because the fet datasheet shows equivalent noise input is lowest for Id > 11~12mA.

With actual version, the 2'nd harmonic can be changed almost 30dB.

Last edited:
you worry too much about Idss. you are ok as you are. the 20 ohm pot is for 2'nd harmonic reduction. the input 200 ohm pot is for optimum cartridge loading. you adjust it by ear.

I am using 500Ohm loading pot. Turning 20Ohm pot also changes DC offset. My preamp works well without second harmonic reduction.
What about 19.5 Volts with original AD711 servo op-amp?

I am using 500Ohm loading pot. Turning 20Ohm pot also changes DC offset. My preamp works well without second harmonic reduction.
What about 19.5 Volts with original AD711 servo op-amp?

I think there is something wrong with your circuit because the 20ohm pot wouldn't to change DC offset due to the servo opamp.

SERVO ---> OPAMP + 1Meg + 1uF

Maybe you must to change the 2k49 for other value. Before, verify the servo circuit.

Last edited:
Note that the 3rd harmonic is rebellious.....:whip:

Hi John.
You used Resista resistors in the Vendetta in the past.

Which would you suggest we could use in an alternative version of your Vendetta?

Attachments

• Higher 2nd.png
    Higher 2nd.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Lower 2nd.png
    Lower 2nd.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.