Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the question of insects is quite interesting. My vegan friend won't eat honey, for example, because he saw 1st hand when he worked a bee farm just how many bees are killed to harvest honey.

Bees haven't been bred and rebred into docile egg machines or walking meat racks. They are as wild today as when they were first imported into this country. As a consequence, working with bees is a challenge (and lesson) in cooperation, not domination ... a rare human-to-nature experience these days.
To bee or not to bee, that is the question!

The best thing anyone can do is change their eating habits.

Roughly nearly 8 billion people on the planet VS 56 billion animals farmed and slaughtered annually, its really no comparison to say that the breeding of humans is the problem. Its their habits that are the problem.

The best thing you can do for the planet is not have children.Or perhaps one.
If you live in a developed economy and live the "perfect" low impact life -are a vegan,do not use a car,live off grid,never fly anywhere,recycle etc that will only negate by around 30% the negative impact on the planet of having just one child if that child lives a typical developed economy life.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here is another philosophical thought. If everyone on he planet became strickly vegan, and all use of animal products ceased. What would happen to all of the species that have been selectively bread over 100's or thousands of years to be used as domestic animals?

Would we have a mass extinction because there was no need for these animals any more.

Tony.

There would be competition over the plants between the animals and the vegans and........no of course there wouldn't, everyone would live happily ever after.
It is a serious point, I would imagine the vegans have a plan, they seem to have it all worked out and sing from the same hymn sheet.....just don't tell the animals.
I'm sorry, but when you hear some of the analogies it makes you wonder.......they don't think it's ok to eat insects, well, not yet, not until it becomes necessary then they will have another think about it, but it will have to be ok'd by the vegan society or equivalent, apparently. I really wish they would use their energy and passion more constructively

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.