Using two M&K's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using two M&K's

This site is cool! One can spend a lot of time on here very easily. I just signed up and I'm sure it will take me a minute to find my way around, but I'll get there.
I have found myself in a new project. I've ended up with two M&K MK1's, and was thinking about which one should I get rid of. Then I decided I'd try to make a sub using both speakers. I do not have any specs on these speakers. That's how I ended up here! Looking for specs.
Anyhow, if I'm going to use both speakers, what size should my box be? I have a dayton SA240 amp that's 4 ohm, and these speakers are 8 ohm, so I'm guessing I wire them parellel, and I should get the 4 ohm load I want. Is anyone familier with the M&K's?

Re: Using two M&K's

rdarno26 said:
T
I have found myself in a new project. I've ended up with two M&K MK1's, and was thinking about which one should I get rid of. Then I decided I'd try to make a sub using both speakers.

It depends on whether you need to carry them around.

I tend to use one bass speaker per bin as I run a disco.

I recently built a folded horn bass bin with an 18 inch Fane Collosus and I could hardly lift the speaker never mind the box as well !
So I started another project and built a box with a 15 inch driver and that seems to be more managable.
After being able to lift the box the next question is "Will it go through a normal doorway" ! Its a bit embarassing if you have a gig and your box wont go in lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.