USB/SPdif/i2s receiver and DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi there!

i`ve searched a lot the last days, but I couldn`t find anything that really fits.
But maybe I missed something. :rolleyes:

Here is what I`m looking for:

a digital Receiver board with
one usb 24/192
2 spdif optical
2 spdif coax
and two I2S
Inputs

does anybody know if something like that is available?

maybe it`s the beginning of a new Project?

what would come to my mind would be:

usb Input with cmedia CM6631a
a cirrus logic Receiver
and two or maybe more I2S Inputs
that can be switched via mux?
than into a sample rate converter (SRC4193 for example with SRC or SCR Bypass switch)
on one board.

and a I2S Output to send the Signal to a DAC board with for example a TI chip or ess chip. so everybody could use the DAC they want.

for my personal Preamp Project i want the usb and spdif Inputs for the outside world AND want to be able to build a cd Transport and a Network Streaming device into my preamp (thats why two I2S)

what do you guys think.

best

chris

I'd do this with an LPC4320 and WM8805. ASRC is unnecessary for the SPDIF inputs and can be avoided entirely if an asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0 device is implemented (or if an ESS DAC is used). In addition to simplifying things and minimizing impulse response blurring avoiding ASRC is attractive for reducing the number of jitter critical MCLK nets.

See this thread for discussion of CS8416 and WM880x baseband jitter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.