USB DAC suggestion! DIY or not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! Is this a better way than Cm102s? Anyway I don't find the BOM list and the schematic (but the images attached in thread)

The CM102s is pretty awful at -67.97db THD+N (from the datasheet). So, yes, it's highly likely to be better. Even a barebone pcm2702/2902 would be.

I don't think I ever made a bom for it. I've attached the schematic and board (for eagle) to this post. Nothing fancy. I should mention though that I've cut away some pins of the pcm2707 to facilitate routing.

Attachments

• pcm5102.zip
    82.5 KB · Views: 41
The pcm2707 is used as a USB to I2S bridge and not as a DAC. The pcm5102 is a (slightly) better DAC, with a stronger output (typical 2Vrms at 0dbfs).

The pcm2707 is also one of the very few chipsets available to a common DIYer for a custom USB to I2S board. There are much better chipsets (the pcm2707 is only 16bits to start with) but they're harder to implement from scratch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.