Upgrading panel mount RCAs and 5-DINE

Hi there,
I recently acquired a Rotel RP-3000 that I'm having refurbed and had a question on higher-quality panel mount connectors.

I am sending the tonearm out to get rewired, and it's wired to old panel mount RCA's and and 5-DIN connector. Is there anything "better" out there? I found a Neutrik 5-PIN female panel mount connector, but I have no idea if that's an improvement on what it already on the turntable. Cardas makes 5-PIN DIN connectors, but not in panel mount.

Also looking to get some copper/gold-plated RCA's, but I can't seem to find those in a panel mount option.

Thanks in advance.

There's a plate on the back of the Rotel RB-3000. It has a ground, a pair of plate-mounted RCA's and a plate-mounted 5-pin DIN.

The 5-pin DIN is a balanced connection, and there are plenty of DIN to RCA phono cables. Not sure if there are BNC to DIN or RCA cables (although you can make anything, obviously).

Basically I'm trying to see if there's a higher-quality connector available than what is on this mid-tier turntable from 197X.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 12.47.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 12.47.54 PM.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 23
If you want differential the choice is indeed limited, unless you want to make your own cables. There may be some 5-pin canon to 5-pin DIN cables out there though.
The problen with gold plated is the plug and socket must match, gold-gold or tin-tin, never mix them as that causes unreliable connections over time.