• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Unused PCBs - Prototype Iron Pre / Prototype Aleph J / Store Aleph J

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I have enough PCBs to use as a boat anchor... and I can't bring myself to throw them away. Perhaps they're of interest to others.

I'll leave this up with a bump or so a week until Jan 31. After that, any remaining boards will likely head to the landfill. I'd also love to hear creative ideas for their use or disposal. I'm keeping at least an iteration of each for sentimental purposes ... and "art".

Let's start with a few that could be very easily used.
  • Pair of store Aleph J boards. $15 plus actual postage. I bought them from the diyAudio store. I think they're $25 normally...?
  • Pair of "prototype" Aleph J ZM boards that work perfectly with no modifications. If you're familiar with the project, you may already know the boards. Black, ENIG. $10 plus actual postage. If you've got some 150s and a few JFETs lying around... this may be for you.
Then there are some boards that can be a little less easily used, but are still perfectly functional. What I mean by less easily used... The boards themselves are perfectly fine, but some amount of sleuthing may be required to determine the exact iteration and match to a schematic. Easy for seasoned builders. I've built with all of them. I will not support any of them in any way.
  • 5 Sets (10 boards) of Blue / HASL Iron Pre Balanced "2020 rev 1" boards. $5 per set + actual postage
    • Perfectly fine "through hole" version of the balanced boards. May be a wonky trace for the Edcor transformers?
  • 1 Single Green / HASL Iron Pre Balanced "2020 rev 1" board. Free + Postage
    • Same as above. Just green
  • 1 Iron Pre SE "2020 rev 1" board. Free + Postage
    • May be a wonky trace for the Edcor transformers
  • 1 Iron Pre Balanced Blue / ENIG "2021 rev 1" board. Free + Postage
    • Just an extra board. It's flying solo, and we've moved to the SMD version.
  • A bunch of blue and green Iron Pre "Twister" boards. Free + Postage. These are the original twister boards for those that may want to use them in a build.
  • A bunch of V.3 blue twister boards. Free + Postage. These are the V.3 version (latest version), but they're blue. We've moved to black.
Then there are some boards that can all work, but may need some love and/or an adventurous builder to find and match some parts etc. These may be art projects, or ... someone may want to give them a shot as a build. Again, I've built working projects from all of them. I can provide (the intended) schematics and some advice for those that may want to build with boards that otherwise may become an art project.
  • 4 Iron Pre SE V.4 SMD boards. Green / HASL. Would need a small rerouting of a trace. Free + Postage. For anyone that actually wants to build with them, I can show how to reroute the trace.
  • 8 Sets of Iron Pre Balanced V.4 SMD boards. Green HASL. Perfect boards for an ambitious builder that can get matched 2145s and solder them. $4 per set + Postage
  • 7 Iron Pre V.4.1 SE SMD boards. Green / HASL. Perfect boards. Same as above re: 2145s. $2 per board + Postage
  • 2 Sets of Aleph J ZM V.1 proto boards. Green / HASL. Perfect boards. If you want to try paralleling some JFETs... these are for you. Meant for through-hole J74 / J270 (or whatever you'd like to try) parts. $2 per set + Postage
  • 4 Sets of Aleph J ZM V.2 proto boards. Green / HASL. These need some fairly tedious surgery... after that... they're marvelous. I'd recommend only for artwork. Free + Postage
I hope some of these find homes outside a landfill.

Thanks for looking.

Edited to add - to remove some tedium re: shipping. Please don't ask me to quote you shipping. Use a site called Pirateship.com (or similar) to see what shipping from US zip 55372 to you for an 11" x 9" padded envelope weighing ~6oz would cost to your destination. That will get you in the ballpark. If you're serious after that, we can go from there.

Last edited: