Universal rectifier and filter/smoothing board

Hello

i wanna build a rectifier board for my DIY dac, since i think this is the better route with better parts than buying chinese ones..

did people around here test different stuff and know what sounds or is best?

i have a "audiophile" thel power supply here which seems to have 12x 3300uF for smoothing and dedicated diodes, is this the way to go?
is just LOW ESR important?

when designing a device you should first know and state what are your need , and then you draw and build

so what are your needs for that DAC ??

snubber value are from transformer datasheet and measurements not from stuff read here or there

it may not seems but DIY is an serious affair :cool:

so what are your needs for that DAC ??
isnt a rectifier quite universal? 0-35V, personally i dont need much current but i just oversize it, tho because of supercaps there is the possibility to draw lets say 4A

snubber value are from transformer datasheet and measurements not from stuff read here or there
hmm, i will leave it out then i guess... the diodes i wanna use advertise to not need a snubber circuit

I suggest to add .01uF across each diode to reduce noises. I did it several times.
i heared good and bad things about it, so i wasnt sure...

Screenshot from 2024-04-22 23-01-41.png

i think its ok like this ... also for my dac application 10000uF should be more than enough from what i see on other offers

i made a bit more space between large cap and the rectifier... because of heat of the rectifier

i think this one also plays out to be much more budget friendly than the first version, 4-5 euro for the rectifier on aliexpress, 10 or so for the large cap and 2-3 euro for the wima caps

EDIT: i bit more stretched out
Screenshot from 2024-04-22 23-29-07.png

Last edited: