Universal Audio Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Be specific.
You want alternating current to flow though the load resistor. That means current must be able to flow in both directions through it. The problem is that current can only flow in one direction through a transistor.

For example: the bottom of RL is connected to T2, so T2 can pull the voltage on that end of RL down, but there is nothing in the circuit that can pull that voltage up.

Similarly, T1 can put current into the top of the capacitor and lift it's voltage up, but there is nothing to drain current out of the top of the capacitor and pull it's voltage down.

Attachments

• ssb.GIF
    ssb.GIF
    3.7 KB · Views: 234
He shows a means (iirc) of biasing DC on the input of the opamp to create bias on the transistor(s) at the output... I think the illustration shown in post 81 is just to show part of the scheme...

Regardless the OP seems unwilling to look at any other posts on this forum.
This puzzles me greatly.
He seems like a sincere person.
I think in time, with some pointers, he may come to realize that audio electronics is not "simple" as he stated early on?

Btw, this is a good time and place to ask: SSB do all audio amplifiers of reasonably low distortion spec SOUND THE SAME, in your opinion? Pick the threshold value that you wish for that statement to be true - if you agree in general.

Looking forward to your response in specific to this question.

Thank you.

_-_-bear

I do not want to do the effort just for fun
remind me then of the purpose of this thread? did you just 'invent' the differential power output stage?
cant read comments, there may be mistakes in the above post, i'm not sure, i will check when i have time.
you really should... oh and btw i really dont appreciate being linked to your page full of advertisements and unending wall of text. i would suggest you have a look around the site, but it seems you are not interested in improving your knowledge of high quality audio systems application, yet i'm not quite sure what it is you ARE interested in doing here.

I really think if you arent just 'doing this for fun' you ought to check if you are wasting your and other's time.

Last edited:
True. I got screwed. Excuse: Thinking a of differential and not of physical possibility. Second excuse: I have been saying here and there: "...if physically possible...". Third excuse: overlooked.

The reason why transistor symbols have arrows is to define the only direction for the current to fly. Same as diodes.

Remedy without thinking: resistor to + and resistor to -. Lowers the range. Possibility: transistor to + and transistor to -. Havn't thought. May be possible. May think in a while.

You want alternating current to flow though the load resistor. That means current must be able to flow in both directions through it. The problem is that current can only flow in one direction through a transistor.

For example: the bottom of RL is connected to T2, so T2 can pull the voltage on that end of RL down, but there is nothing in the circuit that can pull that voltage up.

Similarly, T1 can put current into the top of the capacitor and lift it's voltage up, but there is nothing to drain current out of the top of the capacitor and pull it's voltage down.

I haven't read what you have posted. Looks like you are trying to cover up. Thanks. No need, though. I screwed up. I am not sure what I have been thinking because I have been thinking a lot of other things related. Childish mistake. Put something in the reply as a recovery.

In case you want the truth: yes, I thought of this a few months ago and I disregarded this opssibility because of the stated reason. Then I forgot. I cannot prove this truth, though, so a screw up is a screw up. The interesting part would be whether I would be able to recover from this screw up.

He shows a means (iirc) of biasing DC on the input of the opamp to create bias on the transistor(s) at the output... I think the illustration shown in post 81 is just to show part of the scheme...

Regardless the OP seems unwilling to look at any other posts on this forum.
This puzzles me greatly.
He seems like a sincere person.
I think in time, with some pointers, he may come to realize that audio electronics is not "simple" as he stated early on?

Btw, this is a good time and place to ask: SSB do all audio amplifiers of reasonably low distortion spec SOUND THE SAME, in your opinion? Pick the threshold value that you wish for that statement to be true - if you agree in general.

Looking forward to your response in specific to this question.

Thank you.

_-_-bear

I like your first reply. The load is tiny. However, the system may be able to get balanced.

An issue is the DC which, in theory, must not be present but, in practice, this can be made tiny.

Obviously, a capacitor will solve this problem. The trick is to avoid a capacitor.

In regards to your second answer: NO. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS IN PRACTICE. The calculations are pretty basic. I may have made a mistake but the idea is the "thinking" behind the calculations.

OBVIOUSLY, YES: AN ERROR IS AN ERROR. Analysis may try to mitigate the understanding of the effect but will NOT correct the error.

When I was doing this schematic, I noticed the switch (I had known from before) but I DISREGARDED the error caused by this because I have never believed the operational amplifier would be so slow not to switch with a negligible error. In other words, I said: OK, there would be somethiontg. I believe negligible. Not worth thinking. Go on.

I have been forced to think by the responses in this forum. I have been resisting to think into this particular issue. Once the issue was directly put out, I have had no choice. So, I have been trying to do something to correct this error because this error irritates a lot of people.

Have you verified your calculations by any tests in real life?

I think I have discussed 2 resistors in the emitters and a load to ground. This decreases the range though. Also, as depends on the applications, these resistors must be high power. True low value.

True. I got screwed. Excuse: Thinking a of differential and not of physical possibility. Second excuse: I have been saying here and there: "...if physically possible...". Third excuse: overlooked.

The reason why transistor symbols have arrows is to define the only direction for the current to fly. Same as diodes.

Remedy without thinking: resistor to + and resistor to -. Lowers the range. Possibility: transistor to + and transistor to -. Havn't thought. May be possible. May think in a while.

To check is not fun. To do is.

As I have previously said: I read and reply to comments. May take anything from a second to a month. A week or two usually. I meant: Can't read and reply NOW.

No one forces you to read this thread nor anything else. By all means, save some effort.

There aren't many advertisements on the web site: what you call advertisements are simple gadgets for watch, weather, news which I like to place for anyone who wants to go to the site to get some info anyways. Also, more people may decide to put these on their web sites which would be good.

Again: do NOT go to the web site when you do not want.

The "advertisement" on the schematic was in order to force the automatically included advertisement by the software manufacturer down, so I can crop and delete the advertisement after.

remind me then of the purpose of this thread? did you just 'invent' the differential power output stage?
you really should... oh and btw i really dont appreciate being linked to your page full of advertisements and unending wall of text. i would suggest you have a look around the site, but it seems you are not interested in improving your knowledge of high quality audio systems application, yet i'm not quite sure what it is you ARE interested in doing here.

I really think if you arent just 'doing this for fun' you ought to check if you are wasting your and other's time.

Steven, are you having a good time? Quote from your CV:

When employed at ..., I have designed an electronic controller for the electric distribution industry from a scratch: software, analog hardware, digital hardware and computer interface. The device is based around a microcontroller which, through an embedded ADC, reads analogue signals, converts to digital, performs computations and look-up table conversions and controls hardware based on curve analysis.
If this is true I'm pretty sure that you at least can draw a proper schematic.

Steven, are you having a good time? Quote from your CV:...

For more fun, have a look at his book: Electronics for Musicians. It's the only electronics textbook I've ever read that contains insights like...
What shall I do with these? Go get a prostitute in the bar and get diseases? Case I want to have a cute redhead from the country, the Irish girl wouldn't care that much about the ***-wipers I bring, called US dollars. Country Irish girls want real things. They ain't that stupid like the city bitches.

It's not all OT, though. For example, there's an interesting explanation of how tubes work...
I think, the electrode which can easily EMIT electrons is called anode and the electrode which can easily RECEIVE electrons but can't emit them easily is called cathode. It would have been nice to have called the emitter and receiver but morons are morons. OK. For y'all, I checked with Wikipedia. I thought it WRONG. CATHODE EMITS ELECTRONS, ANODE RECEIVES THEM. F***in' Greek. They don't know how to talk. Monkey people.

[snip]

Not only ain't no notha to stop electrons in vacuum but the tube has ELECTRIC FIELD which pushes them out of their original location (negatively charged emitter cathode) towards their destination (positively charged collector anode). Like Mexicans across the border. The difference of the potentials of existence in Texas and Mexico pushes them Mexicans away from Mexico and into Texas. And BECAUSE THERE AIN'T NO BORDER BETWEEN MEXICO AND TEXAS, THERE AIN'T NOTHA TO STOP'EM. Mexico is a cathode (this is why they are catholics) and Texas is the anode (largely referred in the North to as the anus of the US) and the border line is vacuum.

[snip]

Assume, there is a ****in' minimum wage train dispatcher, drunk like a skunk but ain't so drunk not to be able to do certain things, like most Texans: “Drinks but never gets drunk!” Send a dollar you lousy ****ers for this compliment. Call this looser John or Ivan or George or anything. Now, give John a piece of wire and a piece of rubber (real rubber, not a condom).....
I dunno, maybe he just likes to write and draw circuit diagrams when he's drunk or something? :confused:

p.s. Please don't anybody be offended by the above. It's a bit like Archie Bunker (anyone remember that?) - everybody gets a mention: Americans, Canadians, Brits, Irish, Greeks, Mexicans, Soviets, Germans, Chinese etc. :D

Speaking of which, who is Adolph Stevens and why is the Chinese army looking for him in Berlin? (It's in the section about AC to DC conversion, right after the bit about Margaret Thatcher sucking Ronald Reagon's.... Wait, nevermind - I don't think putting it in context is going to help)

Last edited:
wow.....

So he cant read or write English to elementary school level either, although he seems to be a native; yet hes written a 'book'? It seems the pattern is, he 'thinks something' then somebody informs him by email its utterly wrong, but instead of admitting or changing this, he tries to turn it around as if its the rules and how they are written by everyone that is wrong/stupid.

yes Godfrey, it would seem hes equally prejudiced against everyone, perhaps except for rural redhead prostitutes

PA: I dont see how his claim of invention can possibly be true

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.