unity/synergy horn my turn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well folks

After starting the recent thread regards the lack of synergy/unity builds goinng dead, and the patent lapse of the unity seems to have been reignited.I am going to have a go.

So this is where I am

Tommorow I will start a 2-way build regardless (educational purposses)

1 x jbl 2426 compression driver tweeter maybe 800hz up
2 x celestion tf1027 mid-bass 800hz down to 300hz
3 2x bass cabs jbl 4638 twin 15" 300hz and below

3 using wayne parnham pi midrange horn design/measurements(modified)
4 input from welterselys design SYNYTRIP port holes
5 minidsp + multi-amping

what do you think.

Last edited:
Interesting question. I'd never looked deeply into their products. The kit prices seem reasonable, I'm assuming this is just the horn and maybe the wood? I'm sure you know more than I do about Unity, but my main concern would be for the type of horn for the MF/HF. Pretty sure it is usually a conical, although xrk971 made a tractrix, and I don't know beyond that. There are, too, projects here where people take a horn and add ports for the mids drivers in the right (you hope!) places.

I'm still waiting to read more about your design! If you want to make one out of coroplast or cardboard, I'm your man :)

Sent from my NV570P using Tapatalk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.