Unistar Acoustics subwoofer parameters?? pls!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anybody please tell me the parameters for the Unistar Acoustics BT-160/12-4 speaker? I is a 6.5" subwoofer, 4 ohm's, 120 w, 20 oz magnet, 92Db , response 60HZ - 6000HZ.
But I can't find out the other data that I need for building a inclosure for theis speaker.
Also please tell me what is the best inclosure and if it's a good speaker for a subwoofer. Million thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by it, but you probably mean for it to be paired with a tweeter, right? Under no circumstances should a 6.5 inch driver EVER be used for building a subwoofer. And also, what type of speaker do you want it to be? A two way monitor? A floorstanding speaker? Sealed or ported? In most circumstances, a ported MDF enclosure is the best way to go.

I agree, a 6.5" driver is MUCH, MUCH too small to be used as a subwoofer. A TRUE subwoofer will be able to reproduce frequencies down to (or below) 20Hz. The driver you indicate has a lowest frequency capability of 60 Hz not nearly low enough. This driver may make a very nice bookshelf speaker, but its certainly not designed for subwoofing! The driver I used for my subwoofer is a 12", has a 20lb. magnet, and a resonant frequency (Fs) of 22Hz. If you really want to build a subwoofer, check my post in <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=351">this thread</a>.

Try a Google Search on the driver's part number and see what you turn up for the rest of the specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.