Under moderation, had to reverify email

Well I am allowed to start a conversation which is excellent, but all of my old conversations have lost all their replays. The conversation topic and my first post is there but that's all. Any chance of getting them back?
Otherwise everything else seems fine thank you.

Yes I remember and the original message is there but none of the replays are visible. It shows the other person I was messaging but not their replies. I mean it's not a terrible loss if I can't get them back but they did have info from my earlier tube amp builds.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
This is what a single conversation from before 2022 looks like now for me..

Screenshot from 2023-06-21 23-34-56.png

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
They look normal, mine look the same.. but I was not showing you a screenshot of the conversation, I was showing you a screenshot of the list. The replies are completely separate.

You have to go out of the message and go down the list before you find the reply. This is the way it was on the old forum.

Ok maybe I'm doing something wrong, I click the envelope and am told I have no recent conversations so I click show all then this comes up.
Screenshot_20230623-162844.png
then I click on one of the titles but only the first post is shown. What am I doing wrong?
Also all in the list shows 0 replies.

Ok if you say this is normal tell me how am I supposed to read any of the replies to any of these conversations ? Clicking on any of them gives me nothing, and none of the replies are visible from this screen. Is there some other way to view them?
How did you bring up that single conversation you showed me. The list I showed you is not one conversation but all my previous conversations, though I cannot seem to find any of the replies to any of them. Please tell me how I am going wrong?

Something is getting lost here, you are not grasping what I'm trying tell you and keep telling me everything is normal when I'm telling you it's not. The list I show is not a pm and a reply, it's only the first pm either from or to me, but the next pm in line is nowhere to be seen. I'm asking where do I find the 2nd and 3rd pm in the chain. I'm not asking for the software to stitch them together I just want to have access to them which I cannot seem to find.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Something is getting lost here, you are not grasping what I'm trying tell you and keep telling me everything is normal when I'm telling you it's not.
I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to understand.
How did you bring up that single conversation you showed me. The list I showed you is not one conversation but all my previous conversations,
The list I showed is the same list that you showed.. except all my replies are there one after the other.
Clicking on any of them gives me nothing,
All these three appear to be from the same conversation (they have the same title) what do they show for you?

Screenshot_20230623-162844.png

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
@riven67 What's gone? The replies to your messages? If they are from the old software, then they are not folded up under a single click. The replies will say RE:(Topic) as AllenB pointed out.

Here is an example from my old messages:
1688044335442.png

That's a back and forth where they are all listed one after the other. You should see that if there are replies to your messages. Clicking on any of those brings up the message or reply. With the he new style you would see just one link for the conversation, and all the back and forth is seen when you click that one link.

Are you not seeing a list of your old messages and the replies to those messages as seen above?

Yes it was the replies to my messages that I was talking about. I became frustrated because I apparently wasn't getting through to the moderator, but after thinking about it maybe the replies I remember being in my messages might have been answered in threads. It was years ago after all. So no worries, I'm re-reading old posts and finding answers to most of what I was looking for, I apologize for the mistake.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user