Ultra Analog AES-21 Upgrade / Replacement Project

Have an AES-21?

• Total voters
Hi,

I have the pleasure to inform you that the last version of my AES-21 replacement socket works perfectly ! :) :)

My socket has been successfully tested by a qualified technician in a Parasound DAC-2000 converter, which includes the stock parts from UltraAnalog:
  • the UA20400 converter
  • the AES-21 receiver from Ultra Analog too
The UA20400 was faulty and has been replaced by the well known Antonio socket based on 2xAD-1862N chips.

My replacement socket for the AES-21 is a drop-in replacement that requires no modifications at all: just unsolder the faulty original AES-21 and replace it by my socket.

It uses genuine parts and not the eBay parts nor Chinese ones: their costs are obviously much higher, but given the importance of the receiver on the final sound, it would be stupid to use parts that could be counterfeited...

I currently assemble 3 more sockets, in addition to the one that has been successfully tested ;);)

Hi,

I have the pleasure to inform you that the last version of my AES-21 replacement socket works perfectly ! :) :)

My socket has been successfully tested by a qualified technician in a Parasound DAC-2000 converter, which includes the stock parts from UltraAnalog:
  • the UA20400 converter
  • the AES-21 receiver from Ultra Analog too
The UA20400 was faulty and has been replaced by the well known Antonio socket based on 2xAD-1862N chips.

My replacement socket for the AES-21 is a drop-in replacement that requires no modifications at all: just unsolder the faulty original AES-21 and replace it by my socket.

It uses genuine parts and not the eBay parts nor Chinese ones: their costs are obviously much higher, but given the importance of the receiver on the final sound, it would be stupid to use parts that could be counterfeited...

I currently assemble 3 more sockets, in addition to the one that has been successfully tested ;);)
Hi Nounours18200, do you have by chance an extra AES-21 replacement module that you are willing to sell? I have a SF DAC with broken AES21 and have been trying to find a way to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Asceta,

Sorry for my late reply, but I did not get a notification for your reply ...

I currently assemble 3 more AES-21 replacement sockets, 100% identical to the one that has been successfully tested.
The working socket has not been tested on a Sonic Frontiers but on a Parasound DAC-2000.

The new sockets will be ready by the end of June: I still wait for a SMD part that is not simple to source, but it is ordered and I should have all the parts in the coming days.

The socket uses very high quality parts, the best that I have found on the market for every SMD part.
For the integrated circuits, I order only genuine parts from a reputable vendor (they are of course expensive), and not the poor and cheap eBay counterfeited copies: this ensures to get the closest performance from the original AES-21 socket.

The problem is that I don't have the equipment to test the new sockets because it has been tested by my Italian friend ! so I have to see how we could test the additional sockets...

It is maybe more secure to continue this conversation on my private mail because it seems that I don't receive the notifications of replies from DIYaudio... (use: nounours18200 AT yahoo dot fr).

It will be a pleasure,
Michel