Ultaimate Blues Pilgrimage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what's the Blues "mojo number"?

. . just watched another Scorcese produced blues movie (the one with BB King), :hypno1: thinking of having my first holiday Stateside . . :D

What's the highway number that might have more good music along the way? Zimmerman said #61, Jagger #66.. :boggled:

which road has more blues? :radar:
Or (mightn’t have time for both) :eguitar: just head to Chicago?

:spin:

You'll find excellent blues in most big US cities. I've seen terrific shows at clubs in New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, and San Francisco. If I had to pick one, it would be New Orleans because of the food and the possibilities of exploring Zydeco.

Those highway days were history even when Dylan wrote about it. Beale Street is a tourist mall.

Thanks for the reality check-update.
“Highway days were history even when Dylan wrote about it”
For a blues seeker that’s actually good news, as the cities are more accessible.

That raises question of what currently played blues to listen to.
I should probably suss that as the time gets closer ~ will see what people here say

Cheers

Most cities have major clubs with on-line schedules. Googling will work wonders. The real fun is dropping into a no-name after-hours club (often in quite disreputable neighborhoods) and being delighted by someone you've never heard of before and likely won't ever hear of again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.