ugly noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mid-bass a la Cobreflex?! ("folded sectoral, wide-angle horn"):D
near by that midbass im gonna put 4 tweeters ... ajk-15
the "problem" is that all of the components are "made in China" and I'm not shure about the quality and the power of the sound. There are no parameters for the speakers ... so the measuremets can't be "perfect". I'm afraid about bass level of the cabinet.....

thanks Cal .. but I realy have a problem ... the freq of vibration is 60hz ... and everythin around is moving ... i prefer it to to be between 20 and 120 ... for now I'm using 150 bridge KODA and the amp is small for that speaker ... it just turn off. Like the test of hornesp says 60hz gonna be problem. how can i manage this ? any idea ?

I'm not a horn expert :angel:, but there are perhaps two things to consider - the volume behind the driver - is it appropriate for the horn (or is this meant to be a BR with the port driving the horn?); and I think that ripple in the response is due to mouth area being too small for the horn length????....

(& for bass guitar, flat response is not necessarily the goal)

Last edited:
Do you have a HornResp model we can play with?
...or at least T/S parameters for the driver?

Maybe the chamber should be smaller?
Maybe the horn path should be longer, with slower flare rate?
i made poor hornresp model and picks on it are near 60hZ
there are no info about the drivers. as you know almost everything tht is made in China si "under construction" or .. there are no parameters or .. there "is" a quality control ..
in the whole Internet i saw parameters in onlu one place .. so im not veru shure about their weight :eek:
Name: QLD 300-16
Type: Standard one-way driver
Fs = 25, Hz
Qms = 5,425
Vas = 83, liters
Xmax = 7, mm
Sd = 532, sq.cm
Qes = 0,404
Re = 4, ohms
Le = 1,35 mH
Z = 4,8 ohms
Pe = 300, watts
the idea of this project is to have 2 type of sound - monitor sound and horn sound. so the speaker to be useful on small stage for musicians and for the crowd. i know that this is realy dificult task but for tinny budget this is the best i can do. anny help will be apr.:smirk:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.