TX Lurker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all. Self-described lurker who will be looking for noob-type tips for getting into DIY repairs on vintage audio and radio gear. Started on old Zenith consoles in 70s before graduating to hi-fidelity of Collins R390s and W.E. magnetic headphones (latter a tongue-in-cheek reference to background). Will start small on things like speaker crossovers. Looking forward to assistance and patience with my questions. Jesse

Welcome Unkqty........or is that Texas' ?? Sounds like your unkqty is your "handle" for your radio Transceiver??
There are a lot of radio guys here...So you have been working on old Consoles since....when?
Any questions at all, or just picking brains...ask away.
Again welcome to the Forums.

_______________________________________________________Rick.........

moniker came from former supervisor in army (who attended u of b.a., btw). said i was an "unknown quantity" so i was relegated to to his corner of the workforce - presumably so someone could keep an eye on me. it was also around the time i needed a handle for internet account, sooo...
the zenith was my grandmother's 12-2-265. there wasn't much to do at her house so i used to play with it. the collins r390 was a high-end receiver used by the military for many years..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.