tweeter attenuation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Eric,
IMHO placing resistor in series *before* the filter is not "amplifier-friendly". This is because the ampli will drive a higher impedance of load. As for me, I would avoid this type of adjustment.
The series resistor after the filter will sure change the frequency response of the filter.... but there is a parallel resistor to compensate the additional impedance due to adding series resistor... so roughly, the frequency response of the filter will stay the same.

-sianturi-

What you are trying to do is adjust the output of the unit in question from say a 92dB one to 90dB without altering any other characteristic of the drive unit, before any filter is applied, therefore the 'L' pad is always across the driver terminals before the filter itself. This is the way I've seen it applied in every instance I have come across....
tomcat

I have done a little more research, and concluded that I need to drop the tweeter 4 dB. I already have a 2nd order crossover wired, all that needs to be done is attenuate the tweeter. With more research, I got resistor values of 2 ohms for series R1 and 10 ohms for parallel R2. Before I order, will I have to change the already in place crossover components, and do these values seem to be correct?
-andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.