Turntable speed question........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Turntable tachometer and PSU

Pyramid, ever thought about making that available commercially?

I'm looking into it. I've been talking to a turntable mfr and a distributor. All of the pieces are in place, I just need to see how much of a market there is and whether it is worth my time or not. I should have the answer within the next few months.

I still have the PSU that uses transformers floating around, but I rethought the design and was able to eliminate the output transformers (or caps) with both the low voltage (16-24VAC) and the high voltage version (120VAC). I originally had dual outputs (0 & 90°), but the package was so small, I couldn't dissipate the heat, so I had to go back to single output. I have a version of the PSU and tach in one package with a larger extrusion that should handle the heat, so for now, that would be the only dual output version.

Attachments

• Falcon PSU1.jpg
    Falcon PSU1.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 70
  • PSU1.png
    PSU1.png
    399.6 KB · Views: 72
  • PSU2.png
    PSU2.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 63
  • PSU3.png
    PSU3.png
    396 KB · Views: 64
  • Hawk PSU.jpg
    Hawk PSU.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 66
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
For anyone interested the UK line frequency at this exact minute in time is quite fast hitting 50.1 Hz,

Dynamic Demand

Would it be audibly noticeable though. If the frequency varies as "quickly" as the pointer moves then surely that would contribute to W & F too. Some of the changes are quite abrupt.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.