Turbocharge your remote

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We wanted our remote for our new STB to be good enough to point at out projector screen and bounce back to work the box which is on shelves behind us. All our other gear can be operated this way. (Well, I mean to say, you can't take your eyes off the screen to look around and aim it. You might miss that important eye-gouge mightn't you?) The round trip for the beam would be 10 metres.

I have tried putting aluminium foil behind the IR LED to reflect the beam forwards rather the wasting photons inside the case. That worked with another remote. Have you modified your new LED torch this way yet? Take care not to "short" the leads.

I have experimented with magnifying lenses in front of the sensor and a foil funnel there too.

(AND yes,I have tried fresh batteries.)

Little if any improvement.

The sensor is behind ruby plastic but as the STB is under warantee I do not want to mess e.g. with making a hole.

I am offering an hearty handclasp for the best suggestion and millions of other remote-masters will be indebted! Forget about painting the house this Easter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.