Tuning of the Bluesound Node (NT130)

Hi Blitz
I have Bluesound Node 2 and SMSL M400 and SMSL SU-9.
The Blusesound Node 2 is easy to use and doesn't require a USB cable running across your listening room. However, the power supply and the DAC section are really not up to high standard. But then it is quite good price for the purpose.

I have modified the Bluesound Node, routing the internal i2S signal to a outboard HDMI converter board, then I can feed the i2S signal (which have already MQA decoded) to another outboard DAC converter which can take in i2S signal via HDMI socket. That way you only use the Bluesound Node 2 as a front end streamer, but the backend you can use whatever DAC you like and yet can still have full MQA decoding.

The Bluesound Node does have Coaxial output for external DAC, but that would not have MQA ability if you use another DAC which is not a MQA licensed device.

Doing the mod is not so easy as you need to able to solder very fine lead on the pin of the DAC (PCM 5122).
Hi, which pin of pcm5122 you use for this modification?

Reactions: 1 user
I have modified the Bluesound Node, routing the internal i2S signal to a outboard HDMI converter board, then I can feed the i2S signal (which have already MQA decoded) to another outboard DAC converter which can take in i2S signal via HDMI socket. That way you only use the Bluesound Node 2 as a front end streamer, but the backend you can use whatever DAC you like and yet can still have full MQA decoding.
Hi, BeanKK!
Could you please share any details or do you have any posts about your Bluesound Node modification?
I have similar idea and happy that I found your story.
Thanks!