• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

TUBES ROCK t-shirts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to let people know we have more TUBES ROCK t-shirts in. These have been *really* popular and some sizes are getting low, ...so you know what to do.

These are really great shirts, and the black one glows-in-the-dark! Great for rock stars and roadies. ;)

I'd personally recommend the Tube Twin Special. :)
tubetwinspecial.gif

TUBES ROCK! t-shirts
http://www.geekculture.com/geekculturestore/webstore/tubesrock.html
tubesTblack.gif

Maybe I should dig out a prize and we'll have a contest.

Do you think Jan 1st 2012 would be sufficient time?

Requirements from original ad.

-Covers entire broadcast band within 20 mile radius
-set weighs 12oz total ( maybe raise this a bit)
-Conceals in lining 1/4" thick
-Absolutely mobile, no extra aerial needed
-Volume and tone equal to many portables
-Regulation waterproof sun helmet (whatever the hell that means)

-iPod input in addition to/ or instead of radio?

Great for the gym, brands you as a geek instantly..

The gym I go to is INSIDE the Motorola plant. Everyone is an engineer, code writer, or other carbon based life form with at least one geek gene. There are a few people with two dominant geek genes. Either way no one seems to notice any form of geek clothing, it's just too common. There was one guy that showed up with a Big Bang Theory (really DUMMM Tv show) T shirt......once.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The gym I go to is INSIDE the Motorola plant. Everyone is an engineer, code writer, or other carbon based life form with at least one geek gene. There are a few people with two dominant geek genes. Either way no one seems to notice any form of geek clothing, it's just too common. There was one guy that showed up with a Big Bang Theory (really DUMMM Tv show) T shirt......once.

The ratio of engineers to general populace at our local gyms is quite low, probably under 1% I'd guess. :D Here's someone who used to hang out at my gym (and may still do, but not sure).. I was stunned. . James D. Watson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is if Freescale, George?

No, the Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector used to coexist in the same building with us. They were spun off as a seperate company (Freescale) a few years back. The Freescale employees moved to a new facility which has since been closed. I worked in the SPS group for a short time before the split. The name Freescale was said come from mountain climbing and to represent working without boundaries or limitations.

There was a paging division in Florida. It started in our plant but moved out when the plant outgrew the space there was about 5000 employees at that time.They built a new plant about 40 miles north of here. I worked there for several years too. That plant has been closed, buldozed and a high end integrated condo / shopping center occupies that land now.

The remains of Motorola was split into two seperate companies about a year ago.

There is Motorola Solutions which makes two way radios and inventory tracking systems (the old Symbol company). That is where I started 39 years ago, and currently work.

There is also Motorola Mobility which makes cell phones and Cable TV equipment (the old General Instruments company). I worked there for about 5 years. They still occupy a portion of the campus that I work in, but they are a seperate company. Walls have been put up between us and co-mingling is strongly discouraged. The gym and the credit union are still common areas since they are run by outside contractors. Motorola Mobility has been bought by Google. No one knows what that really means to the employees but many believe it could be the end of an era.

I remember Motorola Semiconductor in Arizona. At least I think it was in Arizona. There was a very nice lady named "Pat" with an 800 number that loved to send out transistor samples for the asking. I once needed a bunch of MJ16010 TO3 power transistors for an ENI amplifier. Actually it was two dozen that I needed. I couldn't find them anywhere and was willing to buy them. Well, she didn't have them in stock, but she did have MJ16012's and sent me 24 pieces no charge. Then, about ten days later, I get a red label shippment from her with two dozen MJ16010's that I originally wanted. What a honey she was. Later Motorola decided not to make any more TO3 transistors and, by doing so, screwed all the manufactures that were using them. But that 800# was nice while it lasted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.