• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SE fire, help needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry everyone, been busy these past few days. I tested everythign after resoldering the output sockets, changing MOSFETs on both channels, and 10M45s on Left. I started making measurements.
with rectifier and 5842 tubes in,

B+ = 440, I could reduce it to 354 by turning bias pot on left, no change noticed when R bias pot is turned in either direction.
grid voltage
L = -104
R = -85
plate voltage at coupling cap
L = 145V
R = 0, no measurement what so ever.

Is the coupling cap to blame on R for the troubles. I plan to change coupling caps in next couple of days and check.
Is there anything I need to check? I did check the pots and they do measure appropriate resistance.

Time for retesting, actually did this yesterday afternoon but couldn't post.
without tubes,
B+ = 0.00 I did not reduce voltage from 500 on the meter.
B- = -316
filament voltage
R = 4.99
L = 4.99
Board setup for 300B
With rectifier tube
B+ = 460
B- = -276
Output grid voltage
R = -85-92 (varying on its own)
L = -99V
With input tubes(5842)
B+ = 460
B- = -264
Output grid voltage about the same as above
Plate voltage
L = 46V no change in voltage manipulating cathode pot
R = 0.00 with cheap meter
with auto digital meter (ideal) varying voltage from 112-357 and climbing without touching cathode pot.
Stopped testing at this point. Coupling caps changed to Jantzen standard Z 0.22uf 400v, these are the caps that I couold get my hands fastest while waiting for russian PiO caps.
Resistors in signal path are all working well, pots are good, caps in signal path are looking goood. No bulging, no smell, no corrosion around.
Could the input tubes be at fault? Could they produce this oscillating voltage? Why can't I change voltage on left? I would appreciate any answers or suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.